13,000 pounds shredded and 518 vehicles came through our shred event on April 27th. Thanks to our Community Policing Unit and our friends with Citizens Assisting Police in Apex for all the work they did!
ABOUT SHRED DAY
Twice each year, during the Spring and Fall, the APD encourages all residents help keep identity theft away by bring unwanted papers containing personal information to be shred, FREE of charge. Come early, the shred truck fills up fast! Event is held in the Saunders Street parking lot across from the Police Department, with the following guidelines:
- Only documents containing personal identifying information will be accepted (i.e. bills, bank statements, old checks).
- Please do not bring books, magazines or newspapers and other recyclables.
- Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed.
- Please remove all metal from hanging file folder and spiral bound notebooks.
- Please limit the amount of items to be destroyed to 2 small boxes/bags.